Whitmire PT 4 Allure pantry pest traps attract and trap Indian Meal Moths Almond Meal Moths, Mediterranean Flour Moth, Raisin Moth and Tobacco Moths,
For Use In
Whitmire PT 4 Allure moth traps can be used in the pantry, grain storage, barns, bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, food service areas, restaurants, dining areas, food prep areas, cabinets, closets, and offices.,
To trap: Use no more than 1-2 traps per room; 3,000 cubic feet ---To monitor: Use one trap per 30,000 square feet and monitor
Moth Pheromones (Z-9, E-12-Tetradecadien-1-yl acetate)
Moth Trap Assembly Instructions: 1. Grasp top and bottom of trap and pull apart. The fold perforated ends inward to trap in three dimensional shapes. 2. Peel off the paper covering the adhesive on the back of the pheromone packet. Note: Avoid touching packet membrane surface with fingers. Place the pheromone packet inside the top of the trap.
- To find infestations within the facility, move traps from uninfected areas to the area where moths have been captured, increasing trap density to as much as one trap per 9,000 cubic feet. Close inspection in the area of maximum trap catch should reveal the infestation source.
- Mass trapping can be accomplished with trap densities of one or more traps per 3,000 cubic feet, depending on the size of the moth population.
- Inspect traps weekly and remove insects and debris. Replace trap if insects, dust, or debris reduce stickiness.
- The pheromone lure lasts 16 weeks and can be removed and used on new traps.
- Obtain further information and local recommendations from your state Agricultural Extension Service, local pest Control Company, or a consulting entomologist.
- Note: To prolong storage life of the pheromone packet, refrigerate or freeze.
- Use tweezers or rubber gloves in handling to avoid contaminating packets when different ALLURE products are being used. Do not damage the lure membrane by stapling, pinning or nailing the packet to the trap
- 4 Allure trap non-insecticidal and trap the insects on a sticky disposable surface. Depending on the number of insects trapped the lure can last from last for 1 to 2 months. 4 Allure Traps can be placed in kitchens and pantries of homes to detect and trap stored product pests. Allure can also be used in food warehouses and food processing plants for insect monitoring and control.
PT 4 Allure attracts and traps stored product insects by means of controlled released pheromones. Pheromones are chemicals produced to let other members of the same species know when to mate, aggregate, or avoid danger. Allurer traps economize and simplify the inspection process. The traps are also excellent evaluation tools to determine the effectiveness of insecticide applications.
PT 4 Allure traps can be placed throughout food processing plants, food warehouses and in other food processing facilities where stored product insect infestations are suspected. Allurer traps can also be used in kitchens and pantries of homes to detect and trap stored product pests. Whole wheat or graham flour, corn-meal, shelled or ear corn, broken grain and grain products, dried fruits, seeds, crackers, biscuits, nuts, powdered milk, chocolate, candy, red peppers, dog food, tobacco and cocoa beans.
How Traps Work: It's fairly simple. The pheromone (sex) lure attracts of the PT 4 Allure male moths. Female moths are then attracted by the males moths trapped in the trap.
Note: To prolong storage life, refrigerate or freeze unused pheromone packet. Use tweezers or rubber gloves to handle packets to avoid contamination, especially if traps for more than one insect species are being prepared. Do not damage the packet's membrane by stapling, pinning or nailing the packet to the trap. Do not peel the membrane apart.
ePestSolutions can help control pantry pests with our full line of professional control supplies, pantry pests traps,sprays, drain gels for the Do It yourself Pest Control homeowner, to kill and control every aspect of pantry pests & moth, like a professional.
(PT 4 Allure Lure attracts several related species: Almond moth, Mediterranean flour moth, Raisin moth, Tobacco moth.)Please refer to the product label above for more information.