HOW ALLIGARE FLURIDONE RTU WORKS
The active ingredient of Alligare Fluridone RTU is fluridone which is absorbed quickly by
aquatic plant species, while any surplus product is broken down by sunlight. Alligare
Fluridone RTU is effective because it controls the weed in its entirety, including the roots.
Aquatic plants treated with Alligare Fluridone RTU will wilt and/or turn white in 3 to 6 weeks
PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS •
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
• Unless the pond is privately owned by the applicator, prior to application, consult with appropriate State or local water authorities. Local or State water authorities have authority over public water and permits may be required.
• Alligare Fluridone RTU must not be applied through any type of irrigation system.
• In a single growing season, total combined applications of Alligare Fluridone RTU must not exceed 3 quarts per acre foot. • For 30 days following the last application of Alligare Fluridone RTU, do not use water treated with this product to irrigate crops, established turf or ornamental plants.
• Do not use water treated with Alligare Fluridone RTU to irrigate seedling crops, seedling grasses or any other new plantings for 60 days following the last application of the product.
• For detailed information on the use of treated water for irrigation, contact your Alligare, LLC representative.
• The effectiveness of Alligare Fluridone RTU may be reduced by further dilution of the product or any rapid movement of water. In order to be fully effective, Alligare Fluridone RTU must stay in contact with aquatic weeds for at least 45 days.
• There are no restrictions as to swimming, livestock/pet water consumption or fishing following application of Alligare Fluridone RTU except in New York State. In New York State, swimming in treated waters is prohibited for a period of 24 hours following application of the product. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS • Thoroughly shake the product before use.
• Apply Alligare Fluridone RTU when it is dry and sunny with little or no wind.
• Begin application when weeds are beginning to grow. Alligare Fluridone RTU is most effective if it is applied when weeds are actively growing.
• Apply Alligare Fluridone RTU to man-made or natural ponds that have limited or no outflow.