Product code: 1219
VECTOR FRUIT FLY TRAPS
TRAP FOR QUICK CAPTURE
12 ready to use traps, 12 lids, 12 glue dots per box, 4 boxes per case
The 960 Vector Fruit Fly Trap is a low profile, ready-to-use trap designed to capture Drosophila. This versatile trap has a patented food grade attractant developed in cooperation with Dr. Tom Baker from Iowa State University that quickly lures Drosophila (melanogaster, repleta, hydei and other species) to the trap. The 960 Vector fruit fly trap is engineered with a 10-hole venting lid to optimize Drosophila exposure to the vapors emitted from the liquid attractant. The trap lid is removable for easy monitoring and identification of catch. There are outer and inner spill resistant rings to reduce accidental loss of the liquid attractant. The traps efficacy has been enhanced by using orange colored plastic with a specially selected chemical composition. These features have been shown to significantly improve trap catch.
Common Use Areas:
Behind or under bars, beverage centers, dishwashers, food displays, food service islands, sinks, ovens, supply racks, vending machines, food preparation tables, etc.
Benefits of the Vector 960 Fruit Fly Trap
Liquid will evaporate within 45 days of opening under normal room temperatures. Product may freeze at temperatures below 32° F but will still attract fruit flies once the attractant thaws.
Store Vector fruit fly trap in a dry, cool place.
Useful Tips/Why Use 960 Vector Fruit Fly Traps
960 VECTOR Fruit Fly Trap Activation Instructions:
1. Activate 960 Vector Fruit Fly Trap by pulling the cellophane wrapper off the base of the trap exposing the food grade attractant. Be careful not to spill the liquid attractant.
2) Snap the 10-hole venting cap onto the base and place trap as described below.
The 960 Vector Fruit Fly Trap is scientifically designed to capture Drosophila to locate the source or sources of a Drosophila infestation through monitoring the count in the trap.
Drosophila require very little debris for successful breeding sites. The 960 Vector Fruit Fly Trap is designed to attract adult fruit flies from short distances and, by counting and mapping infestation levels, to pinpoint specific sources of infestation.
Trap Placement and Use:
1) Place the traps in areas where Drosophila have been seen. Place the traps where they will not be disturbed or tipped.
2) Avoid placing traps over food preparation areas or exposed food to minimize fruit fly activity and attraction in this area. These areas also have a high degree of human activity, which increases the chance that the trap will be tipped or knocked out of position.
3) Use supplied glue dots to secure the trap in place.
4) Remove the lid to count the number of adults in the trap.
5) Record trap counts on a site map.
6) Discard traps after 30-days of use and replace with new traps.
|Average Customer Review: (2 Reviews)|
|Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.|
How To Use the Vector 960 Fruit Fly Trap