Sedgehammer is the exact replacement of Manage. The Gowan Company purchased the Manage product and its rights to use from Monsanto early 2005 and now sells the very same product as Sedgehammer.
SedgeHammer herbicide is a selective herbicide for postemergence control of sedges such as purple and yellow nutsedge in established lawns, ornamental turfgrass, and landscaped areas. SedgeHammer herbicide may be applied to commercial and residential turf and on other non-crop sites including: airports, cemeteries, fallow areas, golf courses, landscaped areas, public recreation areas, residential property, roadsides, school grounds, sod or turf seed farms, sports fields, landscaped areas with established woody ornamental and other similar sites.
SedgeHammer herbicide knocks out nutsedge without injury to turfgrass, established ornamentals, shrubs, and/or trees. SedgeHammer provides post-emergence control of both purple and yellow nutsedge. This weed killer also controls many broadleaf weeds and suppresses kylling. A low use rate and a relatively short half life means its safer to use on the environment.
- SEDGEHAMMER herbicide provides postemergence control of purple and yellow nutsedge in warm- and cool-season Turfgrasses, including common and hybrid St. Augustine grass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Bermudagrass, tall and fine fescue and perennial ryegrass. ·
- When applied according to the label directions, SEDGEHAMMER won't injure turfgrass, established ornamentals, shrubs a or trees. ·
- Its relatively short half life, intermediate soil binding properties and low use rates make movement into surface or ground water highly unlikely. ·
- 0.9 gram will mix with 1-2 gallons of water. ·
- MAKES 40 GALLONS·
- 1 GALLON Will treat approximately 1000 square feet.