Product code: herb6001 NO LONGER AVAILABLE Subsitute with Prosedge
SEDGEHAMMER HERBICIDE 1 BOX...MAKES 1-2 GALLONS
1 box 0.9 GRAM WATER SOLUABLE PACKET
- SEDGEHAMMER herbicide provides postemergence control of purple and yellow nutsedge in warm- and cool-season Turfgrasses, including common and hybrid St. Augustine grass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Bermudagrass, tall and fine fescue and perennial ryegrass.
- When applied according to the label directions, SEDGEHAMMER won't injure turfgrass, established ornamentals, shrubs a or trees.
- Its relatively short half life, intermediate soil binding properties and low use rates make movement into surface or ground water highly unlikely.
- 0.9 gram will mix with 1-2 gallons of water.
- Makes 1 to 2 gallons depending on infestation level.
- Will treat approximately 1000 square feet.
For post-emergence control of purple or yellow nutsedge found in established turfgrass, apply 2/3 to 1 1/3 ounces by weight of this product
per acre (0.031 to 0.062 pound active ingredient per acre) after nutsedge has reached the 3 to 8 leaf stage of growth. Use the lower rate in
light infestations and the higher rate in heavy infestations.
A second treatment may be required 6 to 10 weeks after the initial treatment. As a sequential treatment, when new purple or yellow
nutsedge plants have reached the 3 to 8 leaf stage of growth, apply 2/3 to 1 1/3 ounces by weight of this product per acre (0.031 to 0.062
pound active ingredient per acre). Use the lower rate in light infestations and the higher rate in heavy infestations. No more than 4
applications can be made with the total use rate not exceeding (5 1/3 ounces by weight of this product (0.25 pounds active ingredient) per
acre per use season.
Use 0.25-0.5 percent v/v of a nonionic surfactant (1-2 quarts per 100 gallons of spray solution) for broadcast applications. For high volume
applications, DO NOT exceed 1 quart of surfactant per acre. Use only nonionic surfactants that contain at least 80 percent active material.
Mix 0.9 gram of this product in one or two gallons of water to treat 1000 square feet. Add 2 teaspoons (1/3 fluid ounce) of nonionic
surfactant per gallon of water.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE IN 1.3 OUNCE BOTTLE:
Mix 0.9 gram of this product (using the measuring
scoop provided) in one or two gallons of water to treat 1000 square feet. Add 2 teaspoons (1/3 fluid ounce) of nonionic surfactant per gallon
of water. Ensure the product is measured as a level scoop and not rounded.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WATER DISPERSIBLE GRANULE PREMEASURED IN WATER SOLUBLE BAG: Add one (1) water soluble bag
of this product per one or two gallons of water in a hand-held or backpack sprayer to treat 1000 square feet. Add 2 teaspoons (1/3 fluid
ounce) of a nonionic surfactant per gallon of spray solution. Mix or shake thoroughly for at least two minutes to ensure that the water
soluble bag and ingredients are completely dispersed. Occasionally shake the spray solution while spraying to ensure that it remains
Spray the target weeds thoroughly and wet the entire leaf surface of the undesirable plants.