Rodent Proofing Your Home and Commercial Property
Rodent Control Solutions
Rodent Proof Your Home and Commercial Property
Eliminate all conducive areas and conditions
- Eliminate the rodent’s food and water source.
- Identify harborage areas
- Keep vegetation and tall grass short. Tall grass protects rodents from predators.
- Keep overhanging trees cut back. Overhanging trees provide dark shadowy areas where rodents feel sake and protected
- Piles of debris should be removed. Garbage provides food harborage areas for rodents
- A 2 foot wide barrier of cement or crushed rock should be established around commercial structures
Dumpsters are one of the most common rodent problem areas
- Make sure dumpsters are large enough to prevent spills
- Make sure dumpsters have tight lids
- Store dumpsters 25-50 yards from the exterior of structure if possible
Identify areas that need to be rodent proofed (proceed after rodent knock down has occurred)
- Close all holes in exterior and interior walls
- Permit no openings over ¼”
- Install self-clsomh devices on frequently used doors
- Install vinyl or rubber sweeps under garage doors to eliminate any gaps
- Seal all pipes, drains and vents, they need to be tight
- Chimneys need to be capped and in good condition.
- Remember a rat can fit through a ½ inch opening and a mouse can fit through a ¼ inch opening