Quikstrike Fly Abatement Strips
- Kill flies within seconds after feeding with the active ingredient, nithiazine.
- Triple-attraction formula with two feeding attractants and a fly sex pheromone.
- Up to eight weeks of consistent control.
- For outdoor use near fly feeding areas, or in partially enclosed areas, such as loading docks and parking garages.
Nuisance flies are drawn to the fly strips by a triple-action attractant. The active ingredient is contained in a sugar-based matrix that flies find irresistible.
After flies locate the device, they explore the surface, then begin feeding. The active ingredient, nithiazine, enhances the fly's nerve functions, causing uncontrolled movement.
The Quick StrikeT Fly Abatement Strip uses two triple-action attractant containers one each end of the strip.
When the container is crushed, a pad absorbs the two feeding attractants and the fly sex pheromone that are contained in the ampoules, bringing flies to the area where they begin feeding on a fast-acting insecticide contained on a yellow-coated surface between the two ampoules.
The first container iis activated upon initial placement and typically lasts for two to four weeks, at which time the second container can be activated for continued fly attraction.
- In high fly populations or in enclosed structures use 1 Quick Strike per 100 feet.
In low fly populations or enclosed structures use 1 Quick Strike per 300 feet.
- QuikStrike can be placed in any position, but vertical placement is best. When attaching to a vertical surface, use heavy-duty tape or Hercules Putty to facilitate placement.
- When possible, expose both sides of the strip to flies. You can also place QuikStrike with only one side exposed.
- Try to place QuikStrike in protected areas, since moisture and sunlight can reduce the residual length. To create a protected location, hang the strip inside a tall, inverted, five-gallon bucket with three sides removed.
- Place QuikStrike near the ground where flies feed. Placement higher than three feet is not recommended, since flies at this level are resting, not feeding.
- QuikStrike works best in medium-to-high fly populations. In low populations, it might appear as though flies are not being controlled. In fact, it may only be taking longer due to alternative food supplies.
How high off the ground should QuikStrike® be placed? And in what type of sheltered area can it be used?
For the best results, don't place the QuikStrike® Fly Abatement Strip more than three feet off the ground. Typically, the closer to the ground the better the results. QuikStrike needs to be firmly attached since flies do not forage on moving objects.
QuikStrike should be used for outdoor Fly Control around dumpsters, in and around stables, dairy barns, milking parlors, kennels, poultry houses, aviaries, swine houses, feedlots, refuse and recycling facilities, plus other facilities where flies are a nuisance. When used outdoors, try to place QuikStrike in or on an area that will decrease the chance of the bait strip getting wet.
QuikStrike can also be used for indoor Fly Control in trash compactor rooms. However, while the active ingredient in QuikStrike is odorless, the attractants have a strong odor that could be offensive if placed indoors where people are living or working.
1 Double Package)
2 Quick Strike Fly Abatement Strips
Single Application kills flies up to 8 weeks
Quick Strike Fly Strips are compatible with IPM programs Advanced patented triple action attractant.
ePestSolutions also offers a wide variety of fly control and pest control products that includes fly baits, fly traps, fly lights and many more.