Perimeter Treatment for the Control of Insects
General broadcast application to exterior areas of structures.
- The goal of perimeter treatment is to reduce pest pressures by impacting two types of areas: reservoir sites and interception zones.
- Reservoir sites provide resources that allow pest populations to build near the structure. These areas include mulch beds, plantings, decks and garbage areas.
- Interception zones are harborages or access points for pests on the structure. These zones may include foundations, soffits, weep holes, windows, doorways, soil near foundations and access points to the structure.
- Adequate pesticide coverage in targeted areas and proper penetration to the substrates where pests live, feed and travel, may be an important consideration for successful perimeter treatment.
By performing general applications on the exterior perimeter of a structure, the applicator can control both resource sites and interception zones, limiting pest pressure on the structure.
Compressed air sprayers, backpack sprayers, power spray rigs and granular insecticide spreaders.
Common Pests Treated with this Technique
- Other occasional invaders.
Residual Insecticides and Granular Baits.
Quick Product Links:
Ant Control Products
Cricket Control Products
Spider Control Products
Silverfish Control Products
Scorpion Control Products