Product code: herb6000
Ornamec “Over the Top”
Post-emergent control of grass weeds in and around ground-covers, shrubs and trees in landscape beds, container yards and grower nursery fields.
This weed killer provides outstanding post-emergence control of unwanted grasses in groundcovers, shrubs and trees. And the majority of the nearly 500 species and varieties of plants on the label may be treated with Ornamec applied "over-the-top". Some species or varieties of ornamentals require that Ornamec be applied as a directed spray in order to minimize phytotoxicity.
Ornamec takes out unwanted bermudagrass without injury to desirable tall fescue and zoysia turf.
Where can Ornamec be used? Examples include: Evergreen and wildflower beds to remove unsightly grass. It can be used on groundcovers this weed control product is used to maintain immaculate appearance. Nurseries to remove grass in the field-grown woody ornamentals.
There are over 30 grass species listed on the label. You’ll find many common types of unwanted annual grasses: crabgrass, barnyardgrass, goosegrass, foxtails, sandbur, panicums. Also, few herbicides are as effective as Ornamec against hard-to-control perennial grasses. Quackgrass, bermudagrass and torpedograss are examples. Another is Johnsongrass which is controlled in both rhizome and seedling stages.
Broadleaf weeds, sedges, rushes, lilies, and other non-grass weeds will not be controlled.
- Apply as a postemergent in and around ornamentals to control annual grasses crabgrass, barnyardgrass, goosegrass, foxtails, sandbur, and panicums.
- Also controls perennial grasses such as quackgrass, bermudagrass, torpedograss and Johnsongrass.
- For “over-the-top” applications on most ornamentals shrubs, groundcovers, trees, flowers, and wildflowers listed on the label.
- May be used on and around newly-emerging ornamentals, as well as transplants.
- The active ingredient of Ornamec® is translocated to the growing points and destroys the shoots, roots, rhizomes, and stolons of the listed grasses.
- Fast acting: treated grass ceases growth usually within 48 hours. Death occurs within one to three weeks, depending on grass weed species and environmental conditions.
- Rain-fast one hour after application.
- Labeled for the removal of bermudagrass from zoysia and tall fescue turf.
ePestSolutions offers the best pest control solutions including a variety of weed killers and weed control products at the right prices with the fastest delivery.