Tools required: Small Phillips head screwdriver
IMPORTANT: Before handling or disassembling the controller, touch your hand to a metal object to discharge any static.
- Unplug the system from the wall. Remove the four screws holding the controller to the plastic shroud, disconnect all cables and remove the controller from the unit
- Place the controller, display side down, on a flat surface.
- Remove the four BLACK screws from the corners of the controller.
Do NOT remove the 6 stainless steel screws.
- Carefully turn the controller upside-down and lift off the faceplate. Do NOT allow the faceplate to dangle from the unit. Equally support both the controller body and faceplate.
- Disconnect the faceplate from the controller by GENTLY squeezing the ribbon cable connector on the circuit board.
You may need to wiggle the connector slightly to remove it.
- Snap the ribbon cable from the new faceplate into the mating connector on the circuit board. Verify that the locking tab on the ribbon cable connector is fully engaged to the circuit board connector.
- Reassemble the controller and connect the controller back to the system.
For Visuals of this being done please click HERE.