When the temperatures begin to drop humans aren’t the only ones who like to come inside where it’s nice and warm. Rodents do too. In this issue of the newsletter I’d like to go over some of the ways we can help you control or prevent any rodent problems you may be experiencing. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rodent control is a three part process.
Part one should begin by rodent proofing.
Rodent proofing is the process of denying rodents entry into a building or home by improving the building integrity. Rodent exclusion is the best long term and cost effective method of rodent control. You want to eliminate dead spaces, cracks, crevices, and other openings so that pests cannot hide in, enter, or leave a specific building, room or piece of equipment.
Copper mesh should be used when trying to prevent entry into a hole and opening. Rodents do not have the ability to chew or gnaw through the copper mesh fibers.
Openings around pipes and doors should be corrected. Wooden doors are often gnawed through by rodents. Ventilation grill should be covered with 18-gauge mesh.
Removal of harborage areas around structure and removing of tree branches that hang over roof line will also help in your rodent exclusion.
Part two is cleaning out the population.
There are a multitude of products we offer at E Pest Solutions for just this purpose. These rodent control products are the most effective professional control products on the market and until recently were not available to the general public, now you can use the same products the professional pest control technicians use at a fraction of the cost. You will find the largest selection of bait stations, glue boards, rodent bait, multi catch traps, snap traps for any size rodent and population.
Products we recommend are EZ Kleen Tamper Proof Bait Stations, T Rex Snap traps, Contrac or , FInal and introducing the new Terad 3 Blox with Vitamin D3 kills anticoagulant-resistant rats and mice yet substantially reduces the risk of secondary poisoning. It also poses low toxicity to birds. With BLOX, bait translocation is also reduced.
TERAD3 BLOX has a broad label which makes it an excellent choice for controlling rodents at agricultural and animal production facilities, warehousing and food processing plants, as well as for commercial and residential accounts.
Part three is cleaning up the items that rodents find most attractive.
· Keep food in thick plastic or metal containers with tight lids.
· Clean up spilled food right away.
· Wash dishes and cooking utensils soon after use.
· Keep cooking areas and grills clean.
· Always put pet food away after use and do not leave pet-food out overnight.
· If storing trash and food waste inside the home, do so in rodent-proof containers, and frequently clean the containers with soap and water.
· Keep bird feeders away from the house and utilize squirrel guards to limit access to the feeder by squirrels and other rodents.
· Use a thick plastic or metal garbage can with a tight lid.
· Keep compost bins as far away from the house as possible.
· Dispose of trash and garbage on a frequent and regular basis, and pick up or eliminate clutter.
· Eliminate possible nesting sites outside the home.
· Elevate hay, woodpiles, and garbage cans at least 1 foot off the ground.
· Move woodpiles far away from the house (100 feet or more is best).
· Get rid of old trucks, cars, and old tires that mice and rats could use as homes.
· Keep grass cut short and shrubbery within 100 feet of the home well trimmed. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Epestsolutions is proud to offer a full line of natural, organic and eco-friendly products in different formulations that can be used to treat almost any pest. Whether roach, ant, spider control, or any other pest is your objective, epestsolutions has the “green” product for you. All of our organic pest control products are EPA registered, and many are NationalOrganicProgram (NOP) compliant. In a world where going “Green” and “Organic” is used in every sentence we can help you stay earth friendly while still controlling ants, flies, fleas, ants, roaches, mosquitoes, and spiders. Rid your home of insects and pests naturally. Products include pest control sprays, baits, dusts, granules, and concentrates. Active ingredients may include pyrethrin, boricacid, pyrethrum, silicagel, diatomaceousearth, d-limonene, orthoboricacid and naturalplantextracts.
We have the Pest Treatment and supplies for all your pest problems and we will help you treat your home like a professional.