Perimeter of the property
- Place EZ-Kleens (tamper resistant stations)along the perimeter of the property
- Use blox type of bait ( contrac, Final, JT Eaton) as it can be secured into stations with vertical or horizontal securing rods.
- Rodents tend to gravitate to warm air currents and the smell of food, look for areas that fit that description
- Tamper resistant stations should be placed every 30-50 ft depending on severity of population
- Place bait or traps around all entry doors
- Mice: space the stations (protecta keyless and RTU) in 8 to 12 foot intervals depending on the severity of the problem.
- Rats: Space every 15-30 feet intervals depending on the infestation
Tamper resistant bait stations can be secured using 4 different methods:
- On concrete attach to patio blocks, concrete nail gun/ screws, liquid nails, double sided tap, Velcro
- Asphalt attach to patio blocks, barbed spikes, duckbill anchors, secure to vertical surface (wall, pipe, fence) Velcro.
- Natural soil attach to patio block, barbed spikes, duckbill anchors, secure to vertical surface (wall, pipe, fence) Velcro.
- Wood secure with nails, screws, and patio blocks