- To live trap an armadillo, you will need the 1050 or 1079 cage trap. In order to entice the animal into the trap, you will need to construct a funnel of sorts to lead the armadillo into the trap. One idea is to place wood barriers on either side of the trap to guide them into the trap.
- Bait suggestions for Armadillo is to trap with meal worms, maggots, spoiled meat, overripe fruit, sardines or fish. Transport the armadillo at least 2 miles away.
- Remember to check with your local or state game commission for regulations concerning relocating animals.
- Live trapping can be used with chipmunks. You will most likely have to trap many chipmunks to control the population. Havahart® model 0745 is manufactured specifically for chipmunks.
- Check the route that is used most often and set the trap in the appropriate place.
- Check the trap often and if in agreement with local and state laws, release the animal in a suitable habitat at least 5 miles away.
- Check the traps often.
- Chipmunks are attracted to prune pits, un-roasted peanuts, corn, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, cereal, grains, popcorn.
- Live catch traps may be used to humanely capture and release opossums. Havahart® 1050 traps are best suited for this type of catch.
- They should be placed where activity has been seen. Transport opossums at least 5 miles away for release in a suitable habitat.
- Avoid trapping during early spring and summer as young may be orphaned by the capture of their mother.
- Opossum are attracted to Fish, apples, or canned pet food.