- Cracks, crevices and voids where cockroaches harbor are ideal treatment sites.
- Waterproof DeltaDust is the best choice in wet areas that are often preferred by cockroaches. DeltaDust is labeled for use in food areas of commercial establishments and is extremely effective when applied to drains that lead to sewers.
- Tempo 1% Dust is not labeled for use in food areas of commercial food-handling establishments, however; it can be applied in non-food areas of commercial accounts and in residences.
- Dust is an excellent choice for large peridomestic cockroaches that enter structures from outdoors. Treat entrance points as well as crawlspaces and attics. Dust performs especially well in areas that contain fiberglass insulation, a difficult environment for other pesticide formulations that kill by contact.
- Indoors and outdoors, apply dust to ant nests, trails, travel routes and places where ants enter structures.
- Apply dust to carpenter ant nests, trails, travel routes, voids and places where carpenter ants enter structures.
- DeltaDust works best in damp areas where these ants prefer to nest.
- Carpenter ants travel long distances for food and water, so inspect trees, stumps, landscape timbers, wood piles and similar areas around the structure.
- Spiders can be difficult to control because they travel along surfaces or webs, and their bodies have very little contact with the substrate. Dust, however, is particularly effective against spiders because the light particles are not absorbed into surfaces and are readily available to be picked up by these elusive pests. Apply dust behind baseboards, to window and door frames, attics, crawlspaces and other places spiders crawl.
Bees and Wasps
- Use Tempo 1% Dust for fast knockdown of bees and wasps. The high percentage of active ingredient in this formulation works quickly, and the residual will control immature stages if they emerge.
- Thoroughly treat nests, their entrances and surrounding areas where pests alight.
- Drill holes in walls if necessary to treat nests in voids.
- Treatment at night when all of the workers are in the nest is preferred; however, when treatment is made during the day, returning workers will enter the nest and be controlled quickly.
- Apply dust to areas where bed bugs are found such as cracks, crevices, voids and bed frames. Be thorough! Inspect and treat tufts and folds of mattresses and spring coils.
- Let powder remain in place for 4 to 6 hours and vacuum the powder thoroughly, dispose of the vacuum bag properly and place clean linens on the bed. Removing parts of the cambric at the bottom of box springs will provide better access.
- Outdoors, apply dust around structural entry points such as doors, windows and utility entrances, as well as under siding and decks.DeltaDust is labeled for use as a perimeter treatment around structures and to ornamental plants.
- Indoors, apply dust behind baseboards, to window and door frames, attics, crawlspaces and other places pests crawl.
Stored Product Pests
- Apply dust as a crack and crevice treatment and in difficult-to-reach areas where stored product pests hide. Be sure to prevent contamination of food and food preparation areas.