Boric Acid Usage and Recipe for roach Control
Boric acid is a perfect additional to any homeowners pest control kit, can be used in out of the way places, wall voids,, attics, crawl space, plumbing penetrations and the list goes on an on.
The boric acid will remain active in these areas and thus coming in contact with any insect that crosses the path.
Perfect to stop the occasional unwanted invaders such as Cockroaches, Palmettobugs, waterbugs, ants (excluding Carpenter Ants) and silverfish.
Can be mixed with attractants for sweet ants, to get them to pick the boric acid up, as a homemade application.
There are also a very large variety of products that contain the active ingredient boric acid, in ant bait, roach bait, termite products and more.
Directions for Borid:
Cockroaches, Palmettobugs, waterbugs, ants (excluding Carpenter Ants) and silverfish: No powder should be visible in living areas after application. Any powder visible after application must be brushed into cracks and crevices or removed. Apply only in areas inaccessible to children and pets. Avoid contamination of feed and foodstuffs. Do not use in edible product areas. Apply approximately 1 pound for every 1,000 square feet of living space.
Apply this product liberally in areas where cockroaches hide or nest:
1. Under and behind appliances.
2. In plumbing voids accessible through holes, around plumbing and drains.
3. In void areas under kitchen and bathroom cabinets (Note: Many cabinets have a gap at the top of the kickplate which offers easy access. If not, drill a small hole at the top of the kickplate).
4. In drawer wells of cabinets.
5. In cracks around windows, doors, baseplates, fixtures and cabinets.
6. In utility rooms, under and behind hot water heaters, washers and dryers. Be sure to dust plumbing voids.
7. In attics, around the perimeter and vent pipes, above kitchens and baths.
8. Around the perimeter of dropped ceilings.
9. Into pits of elevator shafts, dumbwaiters and trash chutes.
10. Under and behind pallets and boxes in storerooms.
KILLS: Cockroaches, Palmettobugs, Waterbugs, Ants (excluding Carpenter Ants), Silverfish and Darkling Beetles.
Also use for preventive treatment of Cockroaches and Drywood Termites.
For Use In Homes, Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Schools, Warehouses, Mobile Homes, Hotels, Offices, Apartments, Attics, Nursing Homes, Ships, Yachts, Buses, Kennels, Zoos, New Building Construction, Sewers and Hospitals.
LONG LASTING POWDER
Active Ingredient: Orthoboric Acid…………………………99.00%
Found this recipe for mixing with Boric Acid for roach control and thought I would share it:
Heloise’s Boric Acid Roach Exterminating Formula
8 ounces powdered boric acid
1/2 cup flour
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 small onion, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup cooking oil or bacon drippings
(or more to form a soft dough).
Cream shortening and sugar, mix boric acid, flour and onion. Add to sugar, and oil. Blend well, then add more oil as needed to form a soft dough. Shape into small balls the size of marbles. (If balls are placed in opened, plastic sandwich bags, the dough will stay softer longer.) Place balls throughout the house in places normally inhabited by roaches (any dark, damp corner). Caution: Make sure no children or pet can come in contact with these balls, as it is toxic and keep out of direct contact with any food. When dough becomes brick hard, replace with a fresh batch.
We also love Borid Aerosol, easy to use formula.
This insecticide is for use only with the injection tube for injecting into cracks and crevices and void spaces where insects may be hiding, lying and breeding.
- Place injector tip 1/2″ into cracks, crevices, holes and other small openings where insects may be a problem.
- 17.5 oz aerosol can
- The same active ingredient in Borid (Boric Acid)
- Convenient handheld aerosol can (Boric acid in a can).
- Provides control of residential and industrial pests; treat voids and cracks and crevaces.
- For use in homes, hospitals, nursing homes, supermarkets, motels, hotels, apartments, buses, boats, ships, trains, trucks, planes, utilities, warehouses schools, food handling establishments and other commercial buildings.
- Release approximately 1 second of spray.
- Kills: Ants, bees, carpet beetles, centipedes, cockroaches, crickets, firebrats, moths, pillbugs, silverfish, sowbugs, spiders, ticks, waterbugs, earwigs, firebrats, grain weevils, flour beetles, drugstore beetles, boxelder bugs, elm leaf beetles, clover mites, cluster flies, wood infesting pests, winged termites, exposed wingless termites, termites (subterranean, formosan and drywood), carpenter ants and carpenter bees.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns that we can assist you with, we are here to help.