Shopping Cart Summary

 

Total: $0.00

Continue Shopping

Controlling Fleas in Your Home and Yard

Flea eggs

Some products kill only ticks or adult and others contain Insect Growth Regulators that are used break the flea life cycle by preventing flea eggs from developing into adult fleas.  Flea eggs may take several months to develop into adult fleas, depending on environmental conditions and they are not effective by insecticide.  Live fleas are not the only problem, as minute flea eggs can still hatch once the live fleas have been destroyed that is why using an insect growth regulator is so important. 

Pet owners

Helping frustrated pet owners effectively rid their homes and pets of fleas has been one of epestsolutions goals.  Americans spend approximately $9 billion a year controlling fleas - one of the biggest expenses for pet owners.  Many pet owners do not realize that one or two fleas seen on their dog or cat indicates a much bigger problem and by using the best products available and having great advice you can save hundreds by doing it yourself.

Removing fleas and eggs from your pet can help greatly reduce your flea populations. Comb daily with a special flea comb designed to drag fleas out of hiding and dispose of any rousted fleas in soapy water.  Comb your pet daily with a special flea comb that is designed to extract fleas and dispose of any you find in soapy water. A flea comb works by catching the fleas in the very narrow gaps between the teeth or forcing them to jump off. 

Using a flea control product directly on your pet, like Petcor, considered the best on the market for flea and tick control on dogs and cats.

Diet: The whitish, wormlike larvae feed on dried blood and excrement produced by adult fleas feeding on the pet. Adult fleas feed on blood; the larvae eat "flea diet" consisting of dried blood.  Also watch for 'flea debris' (black, granular dried blood) and fleas themselves on your pet's skin.  They allow hair to pass through the tines but not the fleas, removing fleas as well as flea feces and dried blood will also help you control fleas. 

Flea population

Current studies indicate that adult fleas account for only 5% of the total flea population in any given situation.  The adult fleas you see represent only one percent of the flea population the other 95% you do not see.  Using professional pest control products from ePestSolutions, your DIY Pest Control Store, and all their free expert advice, you can control and eliminate your flea population once and for all. 

Flea control

Effective flea control requires eradication of fleas from the pet, the home, the yard, and control of the flea life cycle.  This is best done by using professional pest control products, for inside and outside and pet use.  Controlling fleas does require some effort, but homeowners can save hundreds of dollars by buying professional chemical-based commercial flea control products from a DIY store like ePestsolutions.com.  They carry the largest line of products and expert advice for control of fleas.

Kill adult

This application remains effective for up to a month and will kill adult, biting fleas.  These products may not kill adult fleas.  Step 6 Combine the insecticide (which will kill adult fleas) with a growth regulator, which will break the life cycle of the flea. 

Pet bedding

Larval fleas are worm-like (lower right photo) and live in the "nest", or pet bedding.  Adult fleas move between the host animal and the "nest", or pet bedding. Carpets, pet bedding, furniture, and other indoor areas where your dog spends much time will contain the highest number of developing fleas. 

Cat flea

The cat flea is the most frequently found flea.  Even though there are several types of fleas, the most common is the cat flea, even on dogs, accounting for over 90% of all fleas you will see are Ctenocephalides felis, the cat flea, which parasitizes both cats and dogs, and people if necessary. 

Effective flea control requires eradication of fleas from the pet, the home, the yard, and control of the flea life cycle.  Best done by using professional pest control products, for inside and outside and pet use.  Controlling fleas does require some effort, but homeowners can save hundreds of dollars by buying professiona chemical-based commercial flea control products from a DIY store like epestsolutions.com.  They carry the largest line of products and expert advice for control of fleas.  Don’t waste your time and money, contact us at epestsolutions.com, www.epestsolutions.com, for all your flea control needs.  We also offer flea control kits to help in your control of fleas.

How To Articles

epestsolutions is an Upfront Merchant on TheFind. Click for info.