SedgeHammer Herbicide selectively controls nutsedge in turf and around established woody ornamentals in landscaped areas.
When used as directed, SedgeHammer is one of the most effective products for the control of both yellow (Cyperus esculentus) and purple (Cyperus rotundus) nutsedge in cool season and warm season turfgrasses.
Over the years, SedgeHammer has shown to be safe to many turfgrass species. Unlike other products, SedgeHammer controls sedges where they actually grow, underground, not just the leaves.
SedgeHammer Original - For areas up to 1 acre
SedgeHammer+ - For areas up to 1,000 square feet
- Controls yellow and purple nutsedge and certain tough broadleaf weeds like horsetail.
- Also suppresses green kyllinga.
- Low use rate (1 1/3 oz/Acre or less) or .9 grams per 1000 square feet.
- Controls nutsedge by moving through the plant and affecting the underground growing points (rhizomes and tubers).
- It controls nutsedge after emergence in cool and warm season turfgrass (including St. Augustinegrass, Bermudagrass, Kentucky bluegrass, tall and fine fescue, and perennial ryegrass)
- Considered as one of the more “gentle to turfgrass” products.
- Pets and people can return to treated area once spray dries.
How To Use NEW Sedgehammer+ Formula
- Open packet and pour into 1 gallon of water.
- Swirl or mix the solution thoroughly. One packet will cover 1,000 sq ft.
- DO NOT add any non-ionic surfactant - it is already included in the packet for easy mixing.
- While spraying, periodically swirl or shake the mixture to keep the product evenly distributed in the water.
- Do not store the mixed solution as it will degrade and become ineffective.
Q: how often can or should this product be used
A: It is recommended to retreat with Sedgehammer in about 6 to 10 weeks after initial spraying.