A selective herbicide to maintain bare ground non-crop areas Effective as a pre and/or post-emergence herbicide for control of selected broadleaf weeds and grasses.
Payload Herbicide stops kochia, pigweeds, Russian thistle and more than 100 other weeds. A preemergence, broadleaf and grass herbicide for bareground uses, Payload offers both pre- and postemergent activity and controls weeds resistant to triazine, ALS and synthetic auxin herbicides. It has a new active ingredient for IVM (flumioxazin), a wide application window and low use rates (ounces versus pounds). Professionals in IVM can rely on Payload for season-long weed control
GENERAL INFORMATION: Payload is a selective herbicide to maintain bare ground non-crop areas when used in accordance with this label. Payload is effective as a preemergence and/or postemergence herbicide for control of selected grass and broadleaf weeds.
Payload controls weeds by inhibiting protoporphyrinogen oxidase, an essential enzyme required by plants for chlorophyll biosynthesis. Seedling weeds are controlled preemergence when exposed to sunlight following contact with the soil applied herbicide. Preemergence weed control with Payload is most effective when applied to clean, weed free soil surfaces. Disturbing soil surfaces may reduce herbicide efficacy. Emerged weeds are controlled postemergence with Payload by inhibiting the same enzyme in plants with preemergence applications. The most effective postemergence weed control with Payload occurs when applied in combination with a surfactant to weeds less than 2 inches in height.
GENERAL RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
ePestSolutions also offers pre and post emergent herbicides like Alligare Dithiopyr 40 and a wide range of weed control products for selective and non-selective weed control.
- Do not apply when weather conditions favor spray drift from treated areas.
- Do not graze treated fields or feed treated forage or hay to livestock.
- Do not incorporate into soil after application.
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Do not apply more than 12 oz. of Payload per acre per application.
- Do not apply more than 24 oz. of Payload per acre per year.
- Do not apply to moist or wet desirable plant foliage.
- Do not apply to areas with adjacent non-dormant pome or stone fruit crops.
- Treatment of powdery, dry soil or light sandy soil, or light sandy soil when there is little to no likelihood of rainfall soon after may result in off target movement and possible damage to actively growing susceptible crops when soil particles are moved by wind or water. Do not apply when these soil and environmental conditions are present. Not for use in forest management programs or for forest regeneration applications, bearing fruit or bearing nut trees and vine crops.