A broad spectrum, nonselective herbicide used to control a wide range of grasses and broadleaf weeds on non-crop and industrial sites.
Bromacil/Diuron 40/40 is a selective herbicide for use in citrus and in noncrop areas. Bromacil/Diuron 40/40 controls many annual weeds at lower rates and perennial weeds at the highest rates allowed by this label.
As this product must be absorbed through the root system of weeds, best results are obtained if treatment is made just before or after weeds have germinated to moist soil and moisture is supplied by rainfall or sprinkler irrigation within two weeks of application. Weed control symptoms are slow to appear and may not become apparent until the chemical has been carried into the root zone of the weeds by moisture. The degree and duration of control will vary with the amount of herbicide applied, rainfall, soil texture, and other soil and water management practices.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Bromacil/Diuron 40/40 use rates listed on this label are for broadcast treatments. For band treatments, use proportionately less.
Follow the application guidelines below:
If dense populations of hard-to-kill weed species are present, control of these weeds prior to application of Bromacil/Diuron 40/40 is recommended. If weeds are present at the time of application, tank mixtures with foliar active herbicides are recommended (refer to the Tank Mixture Specific Guidelines section of this label for guidelines on using Bromacil/Diuron 40/40 in a tank mixture).
- Apply using a properly calibrated fixed-boom power sprayer.
- Because over application of the herbicide may result in injury to the crop or successive crops, the spray booms must be shut off while starting, turning, slowing or stopping.
- Use sufficient spray volume, a minimum of 10 gallons per acre, to provide uniform coverage of the treated areas and to allow proper dispersion and suspension of the product in the spray tank.
- Prior to and during application, continuous agitation is necessary to keep the product in suspension. Agitate spray tank contents by mechanical or hydraulic means; do not use air agitation. Note: If a by-pass or return line is used, it should terminate at the bottom of the tank to minimize foaming.
- Nozzle screens should be 50 mesh or larger.
- Best results are obtained if Bromacil/Diuron 40/40 is applied to bare ground.
ePestSolutions also offers pre-emergent herbicides like Alligare Dithiopyr 40 and a wide range of weed control products for selective and non selective weed control.